About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Favorites

It's official...quilting season has begun! Here in northern Pennsylvania quilting season will last for the next 9 months, which means there is a lot of time for trying new patterns and ideas! For this week's Friday Favorites, help me to plan this season's projects and post about your favorite quilt block or quilt pattern and be sure to tell why it's your favorite!

My favorite block has always been the basic nine-patch. I love it's simplicity, but I also love that it is such a versatile block and can be used in so many ways...especially when it is cut into quarters and used as a disappearing nine-patch!

Leave a comment telling me what your "Friday Favorite" is and if you want to play along on your blog, just post about this week's favorite and leave a link to your post in the comments section.

Read about other Friday Favorites at the following sites...
Prairie Moon Quilts

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Susan, you do NOT make this very easy! This one gave me an aneurysm: http://prairiemoonquilts.wordpress.com/2009/09/25/friday-favorites-2/

Needled Mom said...

I have always loved the Grandmother's Flower Garden. I suppose because it is the first quilt pattern that I was introduced to when I was a little girl.

The nine patches are right up there too, especially with the option of the D9P.

Krista said...

HA this one was a great challenge! Not only do I get to post a "Friday favorite" but i get to give you a suggestion for a project! LOL!!!


Here's my friday favorite!

http://kristaskrafting.blogspot.com/2009/09/friday-favorites-wedding-ring.html

Jane said...

I like your disappearing nine patch. See my blog for a Split Nine Patch in progress. I'll have to try yours. I enjoy your blog.

antique quilter said...

yes nine patches are my favorite blocks too!

Blog Archive