About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Easy Whoopie Pies

This is a high calorie, non-diet friendly recipe and eating these whoopie pies will make your behind bigger and jeans tighter. Consider yourself warned!

Easy Whoopie Pies

1 package dark chocolate cake mix*
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs and oil until well blended.
Roll dough into balls about the size of a quarter, place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass. Bake at 350 F. degrees for 8-10 minutes. Let cookies stand on cookie sheet for 5-6 minutes before removing them to cooling rack. After cookies have cooled, put cream cheese frosting (see recipe below or use one can of pre-made frosting) between two cookies, putting bottom sides together.


Cream Cheese Frosting

1/2 cup butter, softened
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

Beat together butter and cream cheese at medium speed until completely smooth. Beat in vanilla. Beat in confectioners' sugar until well blended.

*Other flavors of cake mixes work as well. Spice or banana cake mixes are very good with the cream cheese frosting, but in my opinion, it's hard to beat chocolate!

12 comments:

Jean said...

You are very naughty to tempt us like this! they look yummy!

quiltingnana said...

look easy and yummy!!

Needled Mom said...

Oh.......they look so yummy!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

You tempt me terribly. I do love all things chocolate and sweet!

Anonymous said...

They look delish. I wonder if Deb is looking? LOL

Anonymous said...

Travis says to send some down here. :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I wanna make some of those in the worst way! They look so delicious . . . How am I supposed to be good when I have to look at stuff like that? Shame on you!!!!

Barb said...

Oh boy another yummy recipe from you...so tempting, I must be sure to pick up the ingredients soon! I think Banana would be very good! Soon, really soon I need to head to the store :>)!!

Liz said...

Hmmm, I don't much care if my behind gets a wee bit bigger, jeans are already tight so I'm just going to go ahead and make them AND each and every one. LOL.
Thanks
Lizzie
XXX

Jackie's Stitches said...

I read that as "low calorie, diet friendly". Anyone else see that?!

Deb said...

Warning taken on board and I will only be reading the recipe!!!


You wicked wicked woman-lol.
Love ya!

wordmama said...

What temp is the oven set for?

Thanks.

Blog Archive