About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Skip Stitch Madness!

I am crazy about my new skip stitch blade, but I feel it necessary to post a warning that making fleece blankies is highly addictive! Skip stitch madness has not only infected me, but it has spread to several of my friends as well. It's not a bad thing though because Project Linus and the local NICU are going to benefit greatly from our new obsession. The latest blankie that I have been working on is shown in the photo. It is made from the softest pink fleece and edged with baby yarn in a simple crocheted shell stitch (hdc, dc, hdc, sl st, repeat). This pattern works up quickly and will make a sweet blanket for a baby girl.

13 comments:

Sue H said...

I had no idea there was such a gadget!!! Genius. Thanks for sharing!

jovaliquilts said...

I don't have one of those skip stitch blades, but I may have to get one. It does make a sweet blanket.

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful! It is so soft and lacy looking.

Shelly said...

Looks so cuddly . . . makes me want to take up crocheting again! I'll have to check out that blade!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet blanket...Please explain about the blade?

free indeed said...

That blade is going on my Christmas wish list! So very sweet! What an easy yet lovely gift!

Rene' said...

What a fun new toy to put on my list!!! Thanks for the link. I had not heard of these blades. Great for Project Linus fleece blankets.

julia said...

I have never seen such a tool! My mom and aunt used to make blankets like that from flannel. I guess they used a small enough crochet needle to punch through. You couldn't do that with fleece though. That's a great idea!!!
How generous you are!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Nice blanket. I am sure they will appreciate it.

Deb said...

What a great balde, I have never seen one of those before. I will have to see if I can get one of those here in NZ, I can see I would use it a lot. That blanket is gorgeous and what fabulous gifts they would make. I have heaps of babies due next year and that would be great. must go hunting...........

Janet said...

That blade is such a good idea, I wish I had that when I edged some fleecy blankets.

Barb said...

Oh this blanket looks wonderful, just incredibly soft looking, I am sure it is! Makes one want to curl up with a good book and enjoy the warmth! What a wonderful Linus gift! Enjoy your weekend!

Jean said...

These are very cute!

Blog Archive