About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Brazieres For A Cure

The Common Threads Quilters Guild of Vestal, NY is sponsoring Brazieres For A Cure, a Breast Cancer Awareness project to support women in New York's Southern Tier. In all, 82 bras were decorated by local quilters and artists throughout the region. The bras are now being displayed in a traveling show at various locations in New York state. At each place the brazieres are displayed, the public can donate $1 to vote for their favorite bra. At the end of the month the bras will be auctioned off with all proceeds being donated to the American Cancer Society and ENCORE Plus, a program that provides uninsured women with free screening for breast and cervical cancer. For more information and a schedule for the traveling exhibit go to the Brazieres For A Cure blogspot.

5 comments:

blushing rose said...

What a clear idea.

Have a lovely autumn day ~ TTFN ~ Marydon

Anonymous said...

I had to smile when I saw that melon bra. I think there is a warped sense of humour behind that one. Great! Great cause too.

Rene' said...

You gotta love the originality. I haven't had a chance to check out the link yet. Thanks for sharing.

julia said...

What fun is that, and for such a great cause!!!

Mrs Quilty said...

Such a cute bra! I laughed when I saw it! Very great cause!

Blog Archive