About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Note To Self...Scissors Are Sharp!

Doesn't it say in the first paragraph of the first chapter of the quilter's handbook that scissors are sharp and that you should keep your fingers away from the blades? I'm sure that I have read that somewhere, but today I forgot that little tidbit of information and managed to cut a nice chunk out of the side of my finger. Yep, I said ouch along with a few other frills and flourishes, but the good thing is that I didn't bleed on the quilt!

5 comments:

Anya said...

Ouch. Oh Susan, I certainly hope you were working on something that made the pain worthwhile!

Barb said...

Oh no and *ouch* with some dancing around would have happened at my house...I see a bandaid in place ~ the finger WILL BE SORE! No matter what we do everything to keep blood from the quilt, that quilt will be forever in your thoughts! You won't forget to be careful again ;>) it happens so quickly!!

Jean said...

Is it possible to sew without bandaids on your hands? Not at my house! Hope it heals soon.

woodly said...

I feel your pain, I have 2 cuts on my fingers as we speak! Makes me wonder why wasn't I paying closer attention? But, I'm sure whatever you're working on will be worth it!

Anonymous said...

Ouch susan, I hope it is feeeling more comfortable now. Even little paper cuts are so painful on fingers let alone scissor cuts. Glad you didn't bleed on your fabric. LOL I can imagine the frills and flourishes only too well. I get inventive. :-)

Blog Archive