About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Banana Bread


It was pointed out to me recently that it has been awhile since I have posted a recipe. Yesterday it was cold and snowy...perfect weather for baking. Actually it looks as if this whole week is going to be good baking weather, but I remember my promise not to complain about the cold and snow, so I won't go there. Instead I am going to sip a cup of tea and have a slice of banana bread while thinking warm thoughts!

Banana Bread

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the sour cream, bananas and walnuts. Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

3 comments:

Karen said...

That would be nice right now. I love the teacup. So pretty.

Jean said...

I love the teacup too. I have a small collection though I rarely drink tea. Just love teacups and such.
The bread looks yummy!

Deb said...

yum, makes me salivate just thinking about it. Such a gorgeous teacup also Susan, nothing like nice china is there.

Blog Archive