About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Carrot Cake Cookies

These cookies are just like mini carrot cakes! Mmm!

Carrot Cake Cookies

1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
3/4 cup shredded carrots
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper. In a large bowl, cream together butter, shortening and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs and then stir in the pineapple and carrots. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; stir into carrot mixture. Mix in the walnuts if desired. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until bottoms begin to brown and cookies are set. Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle with cream cheese glaze.

Cream Cheese Glaze

2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons milk

Mix ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.

9 comments:

Rene' said...

Susan, thanks for the recipe. I will definitely try these. Carrot cake is my husband's favorite. How did you get Jacquie's button to link on your side bar? I couldn't figure it out. Gonna try again. Have a happy Tuesday!

Rene' said...

Never mind..figured out the spring to finish link. Thanks.

andsewon said...

OH MY ...thanks for sharing this one! I need to make some for my DIL she loves carrot cake. For her BD supper she always wants meatloaf and carrot cake! Ha! Ha!
Hugs,
Lola

Terry said...

These sound yummy! Thanks for the recipe! :0)

Cheryl said...

OH Susan !! They look so good ! Carrot cake is my favorite, so I know these have to be good ...I will definelty try this .

Diane said...

Oh My Susan, if these are as good as the Glazed Pineapple Cookies recipe you posted a few weeks ago, I will have to join weight watchers! (seriously)

Anya said...

Oooo...are you bringing these with you to the lake house today?

Gypsy Quilter said...

I'll bring the hot cocoa. Is 3 pm okay?

PatchworkRose said...

I am going to bake some of these tonight. They sound just delish :-)
Thankyou
Cheers
Lynne

Blog Archive