About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Can You Find The Needle?

Can you find the needle in this photo? Neither can I! I was working at stitching down the binding on this quilt last night and somehow managed to drop the needle. I watched it fall onto my lap and then bounce onto the sofa cushion, but after that it was gone. I searched all of the cracks and crevices of the sofa, looked under the sofa, all around the sofa, high and low, but no needle. I am normally very careful to keep track of all my pins and needles and it really bothers me to know that there is a small sharp object floating around my living room where one of my grandkids might possibly find it, but I don't know what else to do. I just hope that it has gone to the part of the sofa where all of the pocket change, earrings, hair clips and playing cards have vanished to, never to be seen again!

8 comments:

Anya said...

Why don't they make needles in a bright neon orange color instead of neutral metal gray? Be careful with those grandbabies around...perhaps you need to use a heavy-duty magnet...

Barb said...

How about a flashlight (?)...shine it flat with the cushions, the carpet and anywhere else it may have bounced...the shine of the needle will reflect from the light! I am guessing you already tried this idea...but it works for me! I agree with Anya about the "neon orange", maybe we could make some $$ with creating a neon needle :>)!! Hey making some bucks and buying more fabric! Good luck with the search!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I just lost one myself and they usually turn up about to poke a foot. It bothers me too and I didn't find mine either. Maybe a magnet would work.

Jocelyn said...

I agree with kwilmakr, try a magnet. I have one that picks up pins, and maybe it can find the needle for you.

Deb said...

I'm with Anya, we need bright coloured needles.... there is nothing more annoying than not being able to find a lost needle....no doubt you will find it when you sit down at some stage... a magnet is a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried a magnet or moving the chair into a different light where the gleam might show up better?

Lost needles are found the hard way in our house- not usually by me.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I think needles should have a homing device attached .... if the goverment can find a criminal with a electronic cuff....we are entitled to have them on our needles....the signals could bounce off the satelights and deliver messages via the internet with the exact location of the needle. That would save time and injuries :)

Kelly

Jean said...

Love all these great ideas...hope you find the wayward needle before someone sits on it. What usually happens to me is I look all over and later will find it where I already looked...I think it is the lighting....so maybe trying the flashlight would work.

Blog Archive