About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Quick And Easy Burp Cloths

I found this tutorial for Quick and Easy Burp Cloths at Piper's Girls and thought it was a wonderful way to dress up the plain cloth diapers that we normally end up using for burp cloths. I tried the ribbon edging as shown in the tutorial, but the satin ribbon that I had was too slippery and I couldn't get it to line up straight no matter how many pins I used. Instead of ribbon, I sewed a contrasting 2" strip of fabric to each side of the main fabric, folded the edges under and top stitched it to look as if it were ribbon. Then I decided that I didn't like the surged edges of the diaper showing, so I put matching binding on each end to finish it off. I think I'll make a couple more using holiday fabrics and of course I'll have to make some for the little cowboy too!

No comments:

Blog Archive