About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gingersnaps

As long as the grandgirls are away on vacation this week I thought that I would make my husband's all time favorite cookies...gingersnaps!

Gingersnaps

3/4 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon soda
2 cups flour

(1/4 cup sugar for rolling)

In a large bowl, cream together shortening and sugar; mix in egg and molasses. Combine dry ingredients and blend into creamed mixture. Form dough into walnut or larger size balls. Roll in sugar to coat. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees 10-12 minutes or until tops are rounded and crackly.


No comments:

Blog Archive