About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Flannel Scraps

I started this quilt simply to use up a bag of flannel scraps that has been taking up space in my sewing room closet.  I cut as many 6" squares as I could and then put them together in a Disappearing 9-Patch pattern.  Daughter-in-law #2 happened to ask what I was working on one day, so I snapped a photo for her.  She immediately questioned who it was for and when I told her it wasn't for anyone she said that she was putting it on her Christmas list!  I couldn't ignore her request, so I got it finished just in time for it to be under the tree for her!

9 comments:

Terry said...

That's so pretty! Maybe I should do that with my pile of flannel instead of making a rag quilt.

Needled Mom said...

That looks fabulous! Glad that it has a loving home,

Gypsy Quilter said...

Perfect quilt for this kind of weather . . . and you made room for more stash gathering. A win win quilt to be sure.

Jean(ie) said...

oooh, that looks so snuggable. That's a new word. I invented it. Love it!

evelyn said...

They say copying is the best form of flattery. Be prepared to be flattered. I love this. I have a LOT of flannel scraps. Now on my to-do list. Thanks for the inspiration.

jovaliquilts said...

It looks great -- no wonder she wanted it!

Rene' said...

This is great! I'll bet the flannel is soft and cuddly. It's a good feeling to have our quilts wanted ;-)

Kathy P said...

What a cozy looking quilt - nice that you got it done in time to give it to her for Christmas :)

Unknown said...

Love this. I bet she did to.

Blog Archive