About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Drawstring Backpack

Miss One, our 12 year-old granddaughter, asked if I could make her a bag for her gym clothes.  Easy enough!  We searched the web for bag patterns and she decided on a drawstring backpack like the one in this tutorial from Material Girls Quilts.  Then we went to my stash to find just the right fabric.  I really thought she would pick something a little more girly than the USMC emblem fabric, but she insisted that was the fabric she wanted.  Maybe there will be another Marine in the family someday!

2 comments:

Kathie said...

cute! love that she chose that fabric!
Kathie

Needled Mom said...

It looks great and how fun for her to choose the fabric she really wanted!

Blog Archive