About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

A couple of months ago I joined the newly formed Ithaca Modern Quilt Guild.  It is such a fun group and their excitement about modern and art quilting is very contagious!  So contagious, in fact, that when I said over and over that I wasn't going to join in the Starry Night quilt project, I still came home with a block to make!  This is a group project where we all were given a section of van Gogh's Starry Night to reproduce in fabric, so somehow in the next few weeks I have to take the above photo and turn it in to a quilt block.  What have I gotten myself into?

10 comments:

Terry said...

Looks like quite a challenge to me! Have fun! :0)

Anya said...

I've been saying the same thing since we got home on Sunday...

Kathy P said...

You always come up with fantastic quilts Susan. I have no doubt that you'll do it again, and if you're anything like me, your inspiration will hit at 2am, or while in the shower :)

Diane said...

cool! that looks like fun fabric.

Needled Mom said...

OMGosh....that is a challenge. I would be staring at that for a long time, but I know you will do an awesome job.

Bridget said...

Challenges keep you young! That one would definitely keep my brain working on overdrive. Can't wait to see what you do.

Rebecca said...

While I do not really know where I stand on the title of Moden Quilt..I do know I love the idea of the challange you are going to play in..... I hope we get to see the final quilt

Gypsy Quilter said...

Well of course, you must do a star. Barbara Brackman has a neat, 5-pointed one in her Civil War book.

Jean(ie) said...

Ooh! I love this challenge! It's a fun one. Are they going to put it all together for a collective piece?

I see scallop shapes in the brushstrokes, accented by squares on the left and a few diagonal lines on the right. Maybe something fractured?

Just a thought.

Pat Merkle said...

I totally understand and feel your pain! ;)

Blog Archive