About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, February 11, 2013

The Quilt Brought To You By The Letter M

The latest assignment for my art quilt group was to create a quilt using a letter of the alphabet as inspiration.  A couple of different ideas came to mind, but I finally settled on free piecing a letter M for each person in our immediate family.  I enlisted the help of my four granddaughters when it came to selecting the fabrics and was I ever surprised when all of the colors they chose blended together!  I honestly thought I would end up with a wild rainbow of colors to fit together in one quilt.  Another surprise came when I was trying to figure out how to space eleven M's evenly in this quilt...as it turns out there will be twelve M's in our family with the birth of our sixth grandchild in August, so I was able to add another M for the new grandbaby.  I guess you could say that this challenge quilt really was a family project!

9 comments:

Diane said...

wow! that's a terrific quilt!
love the straight line quilting on it.

andsewon said...

Now that is a family affair quilt for sure! Neat Idea!

Kathy P said...

Love it! Great idea = Great quilt!

Needled Mom said...

Oh fun!!! That looks great and I'm glad to hear the great news of the additional M.

Jean(ie) said...

ooh, I like this one. Congrats on the twelfth M!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was a great idea for your quilt and the colors are wonderful together. Now all of the grandkids will want to own it.

MamaT said...

That's a great idea! We're also having a new grand baby in August. Our first M. The other three are E's. Our "M" daughter married a "M" so her initials didn't change.

Jean said...

What a great idea! Love your Ms.

Gypsy Quilter said...

What fun. How nice you could call grand darlin's for color assistance. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Archive