About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spinning Round And Round

Hello, my name is Susan and I have a fiber addiction. Seriously!  For years I have been saying that I do not need to know how to spin my own yarn (as much as I wanted to learn)! Somehow the subject of spinning came up while talking with a friend and she mentioned that she had a spinning wheel,all the equipment, and the know-how if I wanted to learn. I think I said no, but I must have meant no and said yes, because I ended up with a drop spindle, wool roving and a lesson.
I honestly think I need some kind of 12 step program before I end up with a spinning wheel and a sheep!

8 comments:

Kathy P said...

At least you wouldn't have to mow the lawn anymore! :)

Terry said...

You'll probably want two sheep, so the one doesn't get lonely! LOL

Barb said...

too funny....

Needled Mom said...

I have always wanted to have a spinning wheel, but not necessarily the sheep!!!

QuilterMary said...

It started with a little itch, then a drop spindle. Last year, the spinning wheel came home. There is No way I'm getting a sheep. Thankfully, our HOA would object.

Janet said...

It happened to my daughter and my mother did it so it must be a satisfying thing to do. I never took to it. Forget the sheep, get a Llama

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congratulations! You've got a good friend who enables you beautifully it would seem!

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

Well, I did the drop spindle and then spinning wheel route, but instead of sheep, we got angora rabbits. Don't have the rabbits any more but still have the spinning wheel and Tom still has a sweater I made him from wool I spun myself many years ago.

Blog Archive