About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Spring Is On The Way!

I took a break from quilting yesterday to enjoy the beautiful sunny late winter (early spring?) day. A walk around the yard revealed these daffodils just starting to poke up through the mulch. What a welcome sight! This morning it is raining and there were even a few rumbles of thunder. My grandpa always said "It takes a good thunderstorm to really wake things up for spring", so I'm hoping that this morning's thunder did the job and that spring is really on the way!

2 comments:

quiltingnana said...

isn't it wonderful to see those first little shoots...

Also, heard about a quilt show up your way in July...in Muncy PA - July 17-19....I'm planning on attending!!!

Anonymous said...

I like your Grandpa's saying. :-) After the long long Winter Spring is such a welcome miracle of life's determination to survive. The flowers are so cheerful in their beautiful colours. Here people are selling every colour of primrose you can think of.

Blog Archive