About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Friday, April 26, 2013

L-O-V-E

Wednesday our guild's charity quilting group spent the day putting together a quilt top.  I volunteered to piece the backing at home, but rather than unpack my Janome, I plugged in my "new" Singer 301.  I do believe that I am in L-O-V-E with this machine!  It has a beautiful straight stitch and hums right along as if it was new...the only thing it lacks is a needle up button!

To see the quilt top that we put together on Wednesday click over to Hills Creek Quilter and read Anya's Many Hands Make Light Work post.

6 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

I'm so happy that you got such a good deal AND love it so! I hear those are awesome machines.

Karen said...

I am glad to know you have used your machine. It deserves some run time. It looks to be in beautiful shape.

Jocelyn said...

Love our old gals :-)

Needled Mom said...

Isn't that a great machine? The needle up is definitely a nice improvement on the newer machines.

Dora, the Quilter said...

I too would love to have a 301 some day. Yours is beautiful, and I'm glad it's doing a great job of sewing too!

Angie said...

If I could find a black 301 just as nice as yours, I'd buy it...I'm glad you found it, and are enjoying sewing on it. I bought a Featherweight a few months ago and recently took it to a quilt retreat. I loved sewing with it. So precise stitching. I would like the "big sister" to my Featherweight now. Then I would have both of these great Singers. Still looking.

Blog Archive