About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Strings

It's hard to come up with gifts for nursing home patients and it's even more difficult to come up with gift ideas for someone who is in an Alzheimer's unit.  There are so many things that aren't allowed in the unit for safety reasons, so it really limits what kind of gifts you can give.  My mother-in-law just celebrated her 80th birthday and I racked my brain to try and come up with something to give to her that she would enjoy.  I finally decided on a mini makeover for her room.  I made two spring string table toppers, added a little pot of brightly colored silk flowers and some newly framed family photos and it all made for a very happy birthday indeed!

2 comments:

Kathy P said...

What a thoughtful gift. I'm sure it was much appreciated!

evelyn said...

Bless you Susan. So many in nursing homes have no visitors at all, never mind a loved one who cares that it is their birthday. MIL may not remember it is her special day, but you did. Hugs.

Blog Archive