About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Easy Lemon Cookies


Last week one of my friends complained that I was sabotaging her diet by posting all of these cookie recipes. I promised her that I would post some diet friendly recipes, but I stumbled across this recipe the other day and it was just too good not to share!

Easy Lemon Cookies

1 package lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar. Roll them around until they're lightly covered. Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.

*I didn't have any lemon extract on hand, so I used a tablespoon of lemon juice instead. I also chilled the dough for about an hour before baking to make the dough easier to handle.

No comments:

Blog Archive