About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, June 16, 2008

A Weekend Of Quilting

I spent most of the weekend in my sewing room finishing up this disappearing nine-patch baby quilt. I used four fabrics in this quilt. There were eight fabrics used in the charity quilt that we made last week and it doesn't even look like the same pattern. I just love how this pattern changes with the number of fabrics that are used in the block!

I really struggled with how to quilt this quilt. I am not very adventurous when it comes to machine quilting and I usually just stitch in the ditch, but I have really been wanting to try something different...like curves. Awhile ago I found a quilting design called Lazy Wave Quilting at Acorn Hill Quilts and figured that this quilt would be a good one to try it out on. It was very easy to do and not intimidating at all. Maybe curves aren't the enemy! In the end, I think it makes a really fun baby quilt.

No comments:

Blog Archive