About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Thank You Sharon Schamber!

Not long ago I discovered the Sharon Schamber Network and found that it is a goldmine of information for all quilters! While looking through this website I found a video demonstrating the Pinless Painless Basting method. This basting method involves a table, two 1x4 finished boards, a spool of DMC cotton thread and a needle. The best part of this method is that it does not require you to crawl around on your hands and knees on the kitchen floor for hours and you don't even need a trip to the chiropractor after a day of basting!

Today I put this "new to me" basting method to the test and basted this disappearing nine-patch baby quilt. I had it completely basted in just a couple of hours and the quilt is smooth, flat, straight and ready for quilting. I don't think that I will ever baste a quilt on the floor again!


No comments:

Blog Archive