About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Scraps

My father-in-law has been doing a little cleaning out this summer and during the process he found a small tote of his late wife's fabric scraps, so he asked if I could use them.  She wasn't a quilter, but did do quite a bit of sewing back in the day.  When I opened the tote I recognized most of the scraps as placemats, curtains, pillows, slip covers, and other items that she had made for their home over the years.  It didn't take me long to decide that I needed to make a quilt for my father-in-law with these scraps.  There's not a lot to work with, but I think I have enough to make a small throw.  There's even a large piece of flannel that will make the perfect backing!

4 comments:

Barb said...

What a wonderful thing to do for him.

andsewon said...

Oh how lovely of you! Sure he will love it! Pretty scraps too.

Jean said...

I remember these fabrics. They will make a nice quilt for him.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Perfect! How good of you . . .

Blog Archive