About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Colors of Cancer

Another challenge for this year's Mountain Laurel Quilt Guild's exhibit was to make a small quilt using an awareness color from any type of cancer in honor or in memory of someone who has suffered from the disease.  These quilts are all for sale during the month of the exhibit with all profits going to the American Cancer Society.

Unfortunately, I have too many family members and friends who have had to battle cancer to just pick one to represent, so I decided to make a small version of my Elements challenge quilt using 1" squares of as many colors as possible.  I titled my quilt, Too Many Colors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a very beautiful quilt for a wonderful cause. I can't believe those are 1". Just a lovely reason to make a quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The story behind your quilt is true for so many . . . the quilt is wonderful and very special.

Needled Mom said...

It looks great and I love how it reflects all of the colors. Well done and very thought provoking.

Jean(ie) said...

Pretty quilt. Yep, too many people with cancer. I hope the code gets cracked soon and they find a cure.

Blog Archive