About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

That's Me!

Our guild is in the process of making a banner that will be used to identify our group at various public events.  The banner will be made up of blocks contributed by guild members, so each member has been asked to make a block that represents their personal quilting style.  My first thought was to make a nine-patch, my favorite block, but I thought I should be a little more creative than that.  I'm not really a fan of Sunbonnet Sue or applique for that matter, but I think this block represents me well.  Sunbonnet Sue is steeped in tradition, but as you can see by her dress, she's not afraid to show her modern side either!

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is very sweet. I LOVE her unconventional dress.

Jean said...

She is very cute! I have always loved Sue!

Blog Archive