About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Couple Days With Kim Diehl

What a week it's been and it's only Wednesday!  The week started off with a guild meeting with a trunk show presented by Kim Diehl!  She showed us lots and lots of quilts with her signature machine appliqued medallions and borders...all of them were just beautiful!  Yesterday Kim offered a workshop to teach her machine applique method.  Now I love the look of applique, but I really don't care to do applique (especially that needle turn nonsense), but I thought that if I learned how to do Kim's machine applique technique that I might be able to add a little applique here and there to my quilts and maybe, just maybe, learn to enjoy the process.  I can't say that I love applique just yet, but I do have to say that this is by far the best method for me!  I didn't even think about stuffing my class project in the UFO bin when I got home, so I may even finish it!

4 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Beautiful block! I would live to see some of Kim's quilts in person and take one of her classes.

Needled Mom said...

It looks interesting. I have never been a big fan of applique either.

Jean(ie) said...

Oh wow! I bet that was a huge treat and full of inspiration. I love applique, but I lack the confidence to do it.

Lucky you to have an awesome teacher and show and tell!!!!!!!!!!!!

andsewon said...

Pretty block! Lucky you! Saw on Facebook Kim was in your area. She is a funny gal too. I love my machine applique. Only handwork I do is wool.

Blog Archive