About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Follow The Yellow Brick Road

The assignment for the latest Out of Line Quilters project?  Use a photo inspiration and any amount of yellow to make an art quilt.  Easy!  Maybe.  The idea for this quilt did come easy.  Being the Wizard of Oz fan that I am, when I heard yellow, I immediately thought of the yellow brick road.  The hard part came with how to put it all together and finish it.  As I said earlier this week, I'm not a big fan of fusible web, but with this quilt I really had no other choice than to do a lot of fusing.  Once the top was complete I had to decide on how to quilt it and that's where my real struggle came.  I had it stuck in my mind that this quilt needed pebble quilting, but I've never even tried to do pebble quilting and with a deadline looming, I had no time to learn or practice.  It was then that it hit me...I already had the stones in the quilt; what I needed was to quilt the paths taken!  Follow the Yellow Brick Road!

5 comments:

Pinkadot Quilts said...

What a great interpretation! I really like how you quilted it too.

Needled Mom said...

It is fabulous!!!! Perfect in every way.

Jean(ie) said...

OOH! I like that! The red stones were perfect for this!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

You did a great job and it does look just like a yellow brick road :)

Kelly

Janet said...

I really love that quilt and such a clever idea.

Blog Archive