About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Spritz Cookies

Spritz cookies are a must at our house for Christmas...mainly because they are my favorite Christmas cookie!

Spritz Cookies

1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Sift together the flour and salt; set aside.  In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.  Stir in the egg yolk, almond extract and vanilla extract.  Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients.  Fill a cookie press with dough and shoot cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  If you like, decorate with sugar or sprinkles at this time.  Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies just start to turn golden around the edges.

2 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love spritz cookies too but haven't made them in a long time. I have an electric cookie press and it makes for a really quick baking session.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

My favorite, too! I have Mom's recipe and her cookie press, but I just don't seem to get them just like hers. Maybe someday......

Blog Archive