About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Crystal Blue Persuasion

Even though I was having a hard time finding inspiration for my December Priority: Alzheimer's Quilt, I managed to come up with a little quilt of which I am quite proud.  Not only is this quilt made of fabrics that I dyed myself, but I'm pleased with the overall design and I think the addition of the glass seed beads finish this quilt off nicely.  The thing that makes me the proudest of this quilt really doesn't have anything to do with the design or workmanship, but has everything to do with the fact that it completes my New Year's Resolution for 2011!  This is the first time I've ever kept a New Year's Resolution...ever!  Over the past year I have made 12 quilts and raised $519.95 for the AAQI and it was a whole lot more fun and easier to do than losing 20 pounds or exercising every day!  I believe that I'll be making the same resolution again for 2012.

11 comments:

Terry said...

What a sweet little quilt! Congratulations on keeping your resolution! :0)

Kathy P said...

Congrats! Good job Susan! Your quilt is gorgeous!

Anya said...

Lovely! And good job with the resolution!

Joanne Lendaro said...

Beautiful!! LOVE the colors!

Diane said...

This latest quilt is beautiful.

Congratulations! You've done more than just make 12 quilts to meet a resolution, you've raised awareness through your posts and money for AAQI and inspired many along the way.

Rene' said...

Beautifully done Susan!!!! Congratulations for setting and keeping such a wonderful resolution!

VickiT said...

Susan ~ That's an awesome looking quilt. And a HUGE congratulations to you!!!!!!!!!! I bet if we got 50 people into the same room and asked who kept their resolution for this past year you might be the only one to hold their hands up. In all my years I can't think of but two - nope - one person that's ever done that. Great job.

PS ~ I just sent you an email privately so if you see one and don't recognize the name, it's me. I need help. (probably more than you can give me but we'll start with the email for now. lol)

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

Beautiful quilt, Susan. Of course I am impressed with the hand-dyes. But great design!

Deanna said...

That is an amazing quilt, my favorite of yours so far, I believe. Quilting goals are the best sort. I am working on some of those myself for 2012.

Janet said...

Congratulations on not just achieving your goal but for raising so much for the cause. You really have done wonderfully well. All the quilts you've made have been fantastic including this one. Congratulations on the new healthier you too.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Lovely and fun and you are so right! Much easier than those 20 lbs we'd almost do anything to get rid of..well, except commit to those other things you mentioned ;)

Blog Archive