About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Kim Diehl Trunk Show

The pile of quilts in this photo are just a small representation of the quilts shown by Kim Diehl during a trunk show and lecture that I attended last Friday night. Kim showed quilt after quilt from all four of her books including quilts and projects from her new book, Simple Graces, that is due out in a couple of weeks. My first quilty love has always been country folk and seeing these quilts made my heart literally skip a beat! I had almost forgotten how much I enjoy this style of quilt. I think it's time to put away the bright colors and hand dyed fabrics for awhile and go back to my country colored roots!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks so much for the book suggestion. I've added it to my list of things to purchase. I love that it contains some small projects for the home.

Lori said...

Ah, a new book by Kim?! I love her quilts. Lucky you to see them in person.

Anonymous said...

I'm so looking forward to her new book...love her style!! Ironically I have all her books that friends borrowed AND made me quilts from them! Do you know I've never made one of her quilts but own a few?!!

Jocelyn said...

I love Kim's quilts. I have one of her books that I'd love to make a quilt or two from.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I really like the peek of her quilts that you're showing in this post. I've added this book to my Amazon wish list. There are some cute projects in this book!

Quilts and Cats said...

I love Kim's designs too! I've made a couple of her projects and look forward to getting her new book. Thanks for the sneak peak!

Blog Archive