About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Paper Piecing Heaven!

I can not begin to describe how wonderful yesterday's workshops were! Carol Doak is an amazing teacher and a truly delightful woman. I honestly hated to see the day come to an end. I learned so much...mainly that everything I was doing before was wrong, so no wonder I couldn't get a paper pieced Dear Jane block to come out to size! As usual, I made the first mistake of the day right out of the gate on the very first seam. The good thing about that was that it cleared the way for everyone else to make mistakes without embarrassment and also opened up the perfect opportunity for Carol to show the class how to repair foundation pieces with magic removable tape. Once I fell into the routine of "trim, sew, press" the rest came fairly easy and without further mistakes. I was able to complete the three smaller blocks in the photo all in the morning session. We focused on the mariner's compass star block in the afternoon and after working with all the tiny pieces during the morning session this block almost seemed easy! Of course it seemed easy because of the fantastic instruction...if you ever get a chance to attend one of Carol Doak's workshops I would suggest that you not miss it!

If you haven't already, check out Anya's blog. She has posted some photos of Carol's quilts from Friday night's lecture. They are amazing!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive