About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Double Disappearing Nine Patch

Before

I was looking through my basket of UFO's the other day and ran across a stack of 6 1/2 inch pink and purple nine patch blocks along with a stack of batiks that I've had kicking around for quite some time. Out of the blue, the idea came to me that I could put the nine patch blocks in the corners of a larger nine patch block and then use that block in a disappearing nine patch design! As I was sewing the blocks together I wasn't sure of my fabric choices and sort of wished that I had picked fabrics with a little more contrast, but once the blocks were cut into quarters and sewn back together I was very happy with the results!

After

No comments:

Blog Archive