About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Friday, March 11, 2016

Microwave Bowl Cozies

I've been thinking about making microwave bowl cozies for family members for awhile now, but it's just been something that I have thought about and not done.  A week or so ago the stomach bug made its rounds through the family and my daughter-in-law said that she really could have used them with all of the chicken soup that she was microwaving in shifts for the kids.  That was all it took and I got busy sewing!  Everyone is feeling better now, so I'm going to hold on to them until Easter.  Filled with packets of instant oatmeal, microwave macaroni and cheese, and of course some candy, I think they will make fun Easter baskets!

4 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

What a cute idea. You're such a wonderful grammie.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

What a great idea!
Hope everyone is much better now.
Smiles,
Kelly

Kathy P said...

I make oatmeal in the microwave every morning, and each time I pick up the hot bowl, I think I need to make one of these. Never seems to get done though... One of these days...

Barb said...

I just love my bowls and everyone I make them for love them too....easy gift as well..

Blog Archive