About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Strings, Strips And Scraps

My scrap basket has been overflowing for quite some time, so the other day when Miss Two, my 7 year-old granddaughter, was here I put her to work sorting scraps.  (She loves playing with fabric scraps, so it didn't seem like much of a chore to her.)  She made piles of strings (anything under 2 1/2 inches), strips (anything over 2 1/2 inches) and scraps (everything else).  It wasn't long after that job was done that she started laying out strips next to each other and I suggested that we could sew them into a quilt like a Lasagna Quilt or a Jelly Roll 1600 Quilt.  It looks like we have our summer quilt project all planned and ready to sew!

3 comments:

free indeed said...

How fun! Enjoy that precious time with her. I hope my granddaughters will want to 'play' with me too when they are old enough.

Jean said...

That will be a great first project for her! How fun to have a granddaughter to sew with!

Gypsy Quilter said...

May I borrow this creative youngling for a couple of weeks this summer. I have piles of strings that need sorting. Will she work for chocolate chip cookies do you think?

Blog Archive