About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Cooking For Easter

I did a little cooking this Easter, but not in the traditional way!  Instead of cooking in the kitchen I was busy in the sewing room making play food out of felt for my granddaughters' Easter basket.  I started with a breakfast of pancakes, bacon and eggs and then moved on to a bag lunch complete with sandwiches and potato chips.  Of course, I knew that they would want cookies, so I madecookie dough, cookies and pink frosting too.  The girls are really enjoying their new play food and have even made up a grocery list of items for me to stitch up.  Tacos, pizza and s'mores will be added to the pantry soon.  More felt food ideas, patterns and tutorials can found HERE.

6 comments:

suntosh said...

Wow! Thank you for the site list of felt food! You are a Goddess!

jovaliquilts said...

What an amazing idea! I bet the girls absolutely loved those.

Taryn said...

This is such a great idea and a really fun gift. My kids would have loved this when they were small. I'll have to save the link for future (please let it be distant future) reference.

Betsy said...

you are too funny. What an amazing idea!

Pattilou said...

What a fun and creative gift!

Barb said...

That is just so clever!!

Blog Archive