About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kindle Cover

My daughter-in-law asked me if I would make a Kindle cover for her birthday and I was more than happy to do that for her.  She had seen a cover in the store that used a book page on the front and wanted something similar.  No problem, I could do that easy enough!  She settled on a passage from Alice In Wonderland, but she couldn't scan the page from the book, so I suggested that I could simply re-type it to resemble the original text.  No problem.  Add the perfect teapot fabric to go along with the tea-party theme of the cover, a photo of  Alice and the Mad Hatter to use as a bookplate, and a little time to figure out a pattern and voila, a Kindle cover!  I was quite pleased with the finished project and as I sat there admiring my work I saw it...a TYPO!  I can't tell you how many times I proof-read that page, my husband proof-read it, my daughter-in-law proof-read it and no one noticed until it was all done. Doesn't it figure?  I didn't  have the fabric or the time to make another one before her birthday, so I sent the "prototype" and I'll be making another Kindle cover in the very near future...minus the typographical error!

9 comments:

Barb said...

Now that is clever.....

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

I love your Kindle cover. I'd leave the typo alone, it adds more character.

Lori said...

What a cool cover! Minus the typo!

Needled Mom said...

But....it is adorable nonetheless. What a fabulous idea!

Anonymous said...

And I *love* it! Typo included ;o) Thank you again!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Alice in Wonderland is a favorite of mine and if I had a Kindle I would want a cover just like this!

Jen said...

this is a great idea, I love the end result! I'm sure she will love using this!!

antique quilter said...

what a great idea, I would have just left it and not made another one.
a conversation piece seeing if people notice it!
love that blue fabric soooo pretty!
Kathie

Maryann said...

A typo! That is your humility block- as such. It is a wonderful gift and I feel the mistake is a loving touch. Probably no one else will ever notice. They will only notice the ingenuity and love of the handmade gift.

Blog Archive