About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Car Seat Blankie

Quite awhile ago I started this car seat blankie to use as a baby gift, but when I prewashed the pink flannel it pilled something awful and just didn't look "new" enough to give as a gift and at $9.00 a yard I couldn't toss it out either, so I tucked it away in my "UFO" basket and promptly forgot about it. Yesterday, while looking for some fabric, I came across it again and decided that it would work just fine for our new grandbaby. All it needed was to have the binding stitched down and in a couple hours I crossed a UFO off my list and baby will have a soft cuddly blankie to use in the car seat.

These car seat blankies are very fast and easy to make. I use flannel or cotton fabric on the front and super soft minkee on the back. I cut the fabric approximately 30 x 40 and then bind with french fold binding (no quilting necessary). A tip for adding the binding is to pin well and machine sew the binding to the back side (minkee side), fold to the front (flannel side) and then hand stitch. These little blankets make wonderful baby shower gifts and they only take a couple of hours to make start to finish!

No comments:

Blog Archive