About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Feeling Cocky

One of this week's blocks for the Moda Sampler Block Shuffle was a simple pinwheel block.  I thought to myself that it would be easy and I could whip it out in no time.  I cut the pieces to size, stitched the tiny half squares, and put the block together, but when it was finished it was much larger than it should have been.  What in the world did I do wrong?  Well I got cocky and didn't read the instructions, so I missed the line that said to trim the half square triangles to size.  I wonder if I will ever learn how to read all of the directions and not just look at the pictures?

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is sooooooo me!!!!!

Valerie said...

Just want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. I read your blog everyday (usually in a rush before work) and appreciate the time and energy you put into it. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Actually I am glad you told that little story about not reading the instructions all the way through. I still do that from time to time and I could just kick myself. It's always nice to know you're not alone in making extra work for yourself. But lovely block anyway.

Blog Archive