About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Squaring Things

Last Saturday a friend and I got together at our favorite lake house retreat to celebrate National Quilting Day.  I was working on half-square triangles, but forgot to bring a square ruler for squaring up the blocks, so I borrowed one that had been left at the house for all to use.  I have never used a Creative Grids ruler before, but quickly decided that I liked the no slip grips and the easy to see markings...especially the diagonal line!  In fact, I liked it so much that I took it with me, so I could finish squaring my blocks at home. Of course, I had every intention of returning it on our next regular sewing day.  Apparently this is one popular ruler because it was listed as MIA first thing on sewing day before I could even get it put back with the other rulers!  I confessed to the thievery and thankfully no charges were filed!  I guess I'm going to have to break down and buy myself a set of Creative Grid rulers!

6 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

This brand was what my LQS sold when I first started quilting. Love these rulers!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I agree - they are my favorites, too. In the process of getting mine changed over one at a time (and need to put the others on my wish list . . . )

Gypsy Quilter said...

Boy, those quilt police are quick on the draw aren't they. Those rulers come in several handy sizes. I use mine a lot. Love the colors you're working with.

kutiequilter said...

Love my Creative Grids Rulers! I switched over a number of years ago when they were recommended during our BOM class. No regrets. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and these rulers are so much easier for me to use! Enjoy!

Jean said...

I will have to try this one, I make a lot of HST! Glad you found a ruler that works well!

Anya said...

You got away with a warning this time...can't guarantee that the quilt police will be very understanding next time...

Blog Archive