About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

A Lot Can Happen In A Year

Obviously, some things that weren’t happening here in the last year or so were quilting and blogging.  I just didn’t have the time for either while I was working and honestly, I think I may have been suffering from a little quilter’s burnout too.  My new job and some different hobbies took the place of quilting and knitting for awhile. Then things changed again in December. I had to quit my job in order to take care of my in-laws. My father-in-law was hospitalized for two weeks with heart and lung issues.  While he was in the hospital it became evident that he wasn’t going to be able to go home alone, so my husband and I made the decision that we would try and keep him at home as long as we could. At the same time my mother-in-law entered into hospice care at the nursing home and in January she lost her 14+ year battle with Alzheimer’s.  It has been a year full of changes but we are all adjusting to our new routines.  One of the benefits of caring for my father-in-law is that I have found quilting again!  A big part of my free time this winter was spent cutting scraps and stitching tops so it’s time to start documenting some finishes!

9 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Welcome back --

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad you are back to blogging!

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Quilting always forgives our absences!!!

Valerie said...

Welcome back! Sending prayers for your family.

Gene Black said...

Welcome back, Susan.

Jocelyn said...

You have had a lot going on. Caring for family is becoming the new norm for many of us. Hopefully getting back to quilting will be a helpful distraction from care giving.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Welcome back! You have been through a lot this year. Sending prayers for you and your family.

Deb said...

I'm so excited to see you back. Encourages me to get organised and post more often.
You have had a tough past year for sure but enjoy having your father-in-law live with you although no doubt it will be hard work. Not just because of his health but the difference having someone else living in the house makes.
Been there, done that with Mum.
Sending big hugs and love.xx

Kathy P said...

I had no idea! Now I know why I haven’t seen you at the thrift shop lately. Glad to know you’re back to quilting and blogging, and so nice that you’re able to be there for your father-in-law.

Blog Archive