About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Odds, Ends And Leftovers - Step 2

Here is step 2 of Gyleen Fitzgerald's latest mystery quilt all finished.  I know that this quilt is going to drive my #1 daughter-in-law crazy...she likes everything to match, so I'm sure that all of these mismatched scraps are making her cringe!  However, I think I like the scrappiness!  All of these fabrics have come from past quilts and projects, so this quilt will hold lots of memories once it's finished...even if it does end up looking like the dog's breakfast!

6 comments:

Diane said...

I like the scrappiness and the black skinny border around step one and in the centers of the others
I have a quilt from leftover blocks amazing how seeing it brings back those earlier projects!

Needled Mom said...

That makes a really fun scrap quilt. The black seems to keep everything in order and gives the eye a place to rest.

Deb said...

Hey Susan, I think I would be like your DIL..my OCD would rear its ugly head and I couldn't stand it. Having said that I adore all the colours and as long as it wasn't in my face all the time I could always find a place for it in the house.

Sewing Sue said...

Totally cute and just calling to me to make one! I agree with Diane and Needled Mom, the black is very unifying. I vote two thumbs up.

Gene Black said...

I have only gotten step one started. Fortunately I have all the steps saved now.

Barb said...

I love love scrappiness....

Blog Archive