About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Not Quite Jane


I am waiting for the delivery of my Dear Jane quilt design software before I actually get started on the quilt, but in the mean time, I wanted to try my hand at stitching one of these teeny tiny blocks...basically just to see what I am getting myself into!

Sentimental Stitches is a wonderful quilting website, blog and online store all rolled into one, which also offers free block patterns that are in the Dear Jane style and size. These midget block patterns come from a depression era quilt that was found in a basement canning cupboard in California. It is a beautiful quilt in its own right!

So here it is...my first attempt at a 4 1/2 inch finished size block! It is Sentimental Stitches Midget Block #8. I am a bit surprised...it actually finished out to be the correct size and I didn't have any trouble with the assembly, but I might also add that it was the easiest block that I could find!

Dear Jane, here I come!

No comments:

Blog Archive