About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Another Sugar Cookie


These cookies aren't what you would call "traditional sugar cookies". They are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside and wonderful with a hot cup of tea!

Crackled Sugar Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour

Granulated sugar for rolling

Cream together shortening and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and flour; mix well. Shape into walnut size balls, roll in granulated sugar, and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for 8 to 10 minutes or until tops are slightly cracked and sides are set (do not let edges brown).

2 comments:

Barb said...

Give me a cup of *hot choc* and I am ready to go for your cookies! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Dee said...

Wow those look good Suzie. I printed the recipe out for a day of cravings. I am afraid to make them though because for me cookies have strings. I will have to have the kids over. Thanks for the recipe. I love reading your blog. Your quilts are fabulous!

Dee

Blog Archive