About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Just In Time!

I just received two packages of Shades SoftFuse from Two Star Design as part of the $1000 Promise rewards from the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.  It arrived just in time for me to use it on the latest assignment for my art quilt group.  I've never been crazy about using fusible web on quilts, but for some quilts (especially art quilts) there really is no other alternative.  This is a work in progress, but so far I have been very happy with how the SoftFuse is performing and it really is soft and not stiff like a lot other brands of fusible web are.  Now if I can only get this project finished before the August 1st deadline!

1 comment:

Janet said...

I've always been curious about the fusible, I wonder if the edges fray after fusing. There are some things that just need to have the stuff.

Blog Archive