About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Maple Oatmeal Cookies

Maple syrup and oatmeal together in a cookie...sounds an awful lot like breakfast if you ask me!

Maple Oatmeal Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 cup real maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick oats

In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until fluffy.  Beat in the egg, syrup, and vanilla until well mixed.  Combine flour, baking powder and salt.  Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture.  Stir in oats.  Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool on cookie sheet for two minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

These look so yummy!! I may try them later,but I will have to buy the syrup, Gosh my mouth is watering just looking at them!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Ohhh yummm!

Julia said...

More yummies to tempt me! Shame on you! LOL These do look good!

Janet said...

Oh, thank you, I haven't made biscuits since last November and these look delicious. I'll cut the sugar down a bit, it shouldn't make too much difference.

Blog Archive