About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Inquiring Minds Want To Know

I've had a few emails asking for directions for the blocks that I showed on Design Wall Monday, so I thought I would post the measurements that I used. Please remember that these blocks are still in the experimental stage...sew at your own risk!

Block 1: Start with a 6" white center square, border the center square with 2 - 2 1/2" x 6" red strips and 2 - 2 1/2" x 10" red strips, followed by 2 - 1 1/2" x 10" blue strips and 2- 1 1/2" x 12" blue strips.

Block 2: Start with a 6" red center square, border the center square with 2 - 1 1/2" x 6" blue strips and 2- 1 1/2" x 8" blue strips, followed by 2 - 2 1/2" x 8" white strips and 2 - 2 1/2" x 12" white strips.

Measure your finished block and find the center measurement. Cut the block in half and then into quarters.

Next take two quarters from Block 1 and two quarters from Block 2 to form a new block.

If you put together any of these blocks, send me a photo...I'd love to see them!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Thank you for sharing the instructions...it should be fun to attempt one of these...I must give it a try..(maybe it will only be one block) I am not very brave with new ideas!

The purple gingham on your previous post is so sweet, I am sure the quilt looks wonderful! Linus Project will be thrilled to have your gift of a quilt using the purple in future quilts!

Jackie's Stitches said...

This looks like a lot of fun! And not as complicated as I thought.

The purple gingham fabric below is gorgeous!

Mrs Quilty said...

I really like the looks of this block...I may have to try this!! If I do, I will send pics.

Blog Archive