About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

No Template?

No template? No problem! I had to make an odd angle cut for some quilt blocks that I am working on. The pattern says to trace the template to freezer paper, iron the freezer paper to the fabric and then cut on the lines. That's just too much work for me, so I put my ruler over the pattern piece and then marked the outside lines with blue painter's tape. Once the ruler was marked, I was able to place it over the fabric squares and cut the wonky angle with no problem. The whole process took less than a few minutes and worked like a charm!

8 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

Great idea! must remember that!!!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

great idea!!

Jocelyn said...

You go girl! Thanks for sharing a simple solution that I probably would not have thought of :-D

Mary L. said...

Good thinking!

Barbara said...

Excellent idea! Thanks for thinking of it and passing it on to everyone.

Julia said...

You are so clever!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

What a good idea. Your a smartie. Thanks for the tip, I would never have thought of that.

Judy D in WA said...

What a great idea! I will be using this one. Thanks!

Blog Archive