About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Diets

I have been on a fabric diet since January and trying my hardest to only use fabric from my stash. It's working out pretty well, but I can't say that I've noticed much of a dent in my stash fabrics, even after 4 full months of stitching.
Another thing that I have recently noticed (thanks to a week of very warm weather and the need to break out the summer clothes) is that my waistline needs a bit of trimming too (maybe even more than my fabric stash)!
Yesterday several of my quilty friends and I made a trip to the Lewisburg area to shop at the Lewisburg Farmer's Market and Verna's Fabrics. I did a good job staying away from the luscious looking pies and baked goods and selected only fresh fruits and veggies at the farmer's market, so I'm off to a good start to healthier eating. However, this beautiful metallic paisley and companion fabric by Hoffman California International Fabrics that I found at Verna's was much harder to resist than chocolate whoopie pies. I "justified" my fabric purchase with a "stash busting" quilt pattern, Crazy Eights by Bits 'n Pieces. It uses 8 fat quarters to make the 38x45 quilt top. I think it will be a great pattern for Project Linus quilts and will work well to further trim my stash.
Maybe I didn't do too badly with either diet yesterday after all...I just hope that I can stick to them both long enough to be able to fit all my fabric into the sewing room closet and to be able to wear all of the clothes that are in my dresser!

4 comments:

quiltingnana said...

I hear Verna's is quite a place!!

Jocelyn said...

Very good effort. It is nice to be on a diet, but sometimes you can be on one for too long. Every once in a while I have to buy a little piece of pretty fabric, to soothe my need for cotton :-)

Jean said...

Ooh I love paisleys, pretty fabrics. I am proud of you for doing so well on both diets!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the fabric and foodie diets. I am still trying to use my current fabric too.

Blog Archive