About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Waiting For The Perfect Fabric?

I started this quilt in an Ami Simms workshop back in 2009!  I couldn't decide on backing for it, so I added it to the mountain of quilt tops to be quilted and promptly forgot about it.  One of my favorite quilt shops was having a sale at the beginning of the month, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to shop for a backing fabric for this top.  I figured any batik would do, but when I walked into the store and saw the display of Bloom Crazy fabrics, I knew it was the perfect backing for this quilt!  Perhaps I set this quilt aside just to wait for the perfect backing fabric to come along or maybe that's just a good excuse from this quilting procrastinator, but either way, I'm glad I waited because I absolutely love these two together!

4 comments:

andsewon said...

The top and pretty fabric do go so well together! Was meant to be!;-)

Needled Mom said...

Wow! Those are perfect together!

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

You reminded me of my almost finished Ami Simms top. I will have to look for it tomorrow. Great backing!

Barb said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just love that

Blog Archive