About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Paying It Forward And Forward Again

Now I know why Bob Barker was always telling us to get our pets spayed or neutered...they multiply!  Apparently it's true with pet themed quilt blocks too!  I had a few blocks leftover from the cat quilt that I just finished and a friend mentioned that she had a friend who was having surgery soon and that she liked cats...one thing led to another and we passed the leftovers to her and we all made a couple more blocks for another cat quilt.  That quilt has since been finished and delivered and we still have a few orphan cat blocks, so we are going to make a few more blocks to make a quilt to donate to CONCERN (the MLQG's outreach project for foster kids).  Amazing how all this has come from one little kitty cat block!

You can find instructions for this block at http://quilting.about.com/od/blockofthemonth/ss/cat_quilt.htm

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Great post, Susan! You are so sweet and generous…and I agree that's the kind of animal overpopulation that is good lol :)
I love your cat block, and all those colors of fabric are just gorgeous! Happy colors :)
Have a great Monday
Hugs
Ma

Blog Archive