About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What A Surprise!

Last month I sent a quilt to Gene Black - Alabama Artist for his Quilt Angels project.  I never expected anything in return, but right before Christmas I got an email from Gene saying that I had won a jelly roll from Sew Fun Quilts!  What a surprise! I didn't realize that there was a giveaway that went along with donating a quilt.  Judy at Sew Fun Quilts has some beautiful die cut jelly rolls to choose from, but as soon as I saw the red and white, I knew I had to have it!  I gave away a red white and black quilt to charity and I have always missed that quilt.  I think it's time to make another, but don't be surprised if this one ends up going to charity too!

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

Congratulations! That looks like a really fun jelly roll.

Needled Mom said...

How fun! I love that color combination too.

Barb said...

What a wonderful prize for such an awesome Charity...Gene is the best and I love his Angel Quilts.

Kathy P said...

What a happy surprise! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Anonymous said...

That is so nice of you to donate many of the quilts that you make. I guess that you were rewarded for your good deeds. :) Congrats!

Pokey said...

Lucky You, it is a blessing to give and receive, how sweet ~
:-}pokey

MamaT said...

Congratulations! Have fun with it!

Jean said...

Lucky you! Those will be fun to work with.

Blog Archive